FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Sgreen1234

Re: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Worked (mostly) perfectly for me on windows laptop. A good picture and no probs apart from it dropping out a couple of times but back with in a few seconds.

The game itself was scrappy first half, lucky not to be 0-2 down at HT, and we looked better with 3 up front in the 2nd. Class finish from George and Challi deserved mom.

Into the next round, we’ll done all.
SteH90

Re: Southport 0-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by SteH90 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:43 pm
SfcFPA wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:15 pm Very impressive effort so far from all.
Alan Jones is very very good.
Agreed, as is the co-commentator - brilliant work all round.

Much, much better second half, we look sharp going forward. I'd guess the first 11 will look a bit different on Tuesday but really encouraged by the determination shown.
m

I think that’s the good thing about the squad now, we’ve got options. If the front three isn’t quite working first half we can make changes and there’s goals on the bench through Newell (today) & Jack (in the future). Last season we often only played Jack up front & Correia was the only other option, hence our top scorer was Morgs! Now we’ve got Carver, Newell, Sampson, Watson & Woods can also do a job up front.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Much better second half, missed the first goal for parenting reasons, but the second was really well taken. We dug in better also in the second 45 and were more robust.

Second half stream was flawless, no buffering at all. I don't want to come over as being overly critical, but I would have enjoyed more panning across the width of the pitch particularly the corners and the near touchline. I would prefer a wider shot to encompass more of the playing area. But this really is nit-picking. It was EXCEPTIONALLY smooth for me to purchase, load and watch the stream. I expected far more in the way of teething issues, so a hearty well done to all involved!
Alan Spences Pupil

Re: FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Much better 2nd half, a lot of a plusses Tony Mac, Challinor, 3 up front good result against an over physical team, off & running with a win thanks to the organisers for getting this coverage on....I Iike the 2nd half team shape better :D
BackoftheNet

Post by BackoftheNet »

Well to James and the team for live stream. Under the circumstances very good indeed. Now looking forward to Tuesday against Hereford. A hard fought win today we had to dig in and battle. Much better in second half, controlled the game and saw out the victory. Weather absolutely atrocious. Onward and upward.. When is the draw for the next round of the cup.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

SteH90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm
SfcFPA wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:15 pm Very impressive effort so far from all.
Alan Jones is very very good.

Much, much better second half, we look sharp going forward. I'd guess the first 11 will look a bit different on Tuesday but really encouraged by the determination shown.
m

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BackoftheNet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 pm Well to James and the team for live stream. Under the circumstances very good indeed. Now looking forward to Tuesday against Hereford. A hard fought win today we had to dig in and battle. Much better in second half, controlled the game and saw out the victory. Weather absolutely atrocious. Onward and upward.. When is the draw for the next round of the cup.
Monday at 1pm according to Alan on the stream.
siddle

Post by siddle »

Thought the stream was great - Alan was brilliant and good insight from co-commentator.
I mean for a first go, I couldn't really have asked for a better job.
Well done to all involved - and well done to Port. We looked rusty against a team four competitive games into their season, but much improved second half. Top goals and MOM was easily Challinor.
Route66

Post by Route66 »

Good to get the win. We look much more dangerous with Newell on the pitch. He is a clever player who anticipates what is going to happen. I hope he starts on Tuesday. Defence seems susceptible to set pieces which is a bit worrying. The main thing is we are in the hat and have bagged some prize money. Well done to the live stream team!
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Phila9037 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:53 pm
Paulisi wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:47 pm The stream only seems to work on desktop/laptops.

Seen the last 20 mins and we have not really been in the game.
Working fine on my android phone and also on an android box plugged into my TV
Can I ask what spec android box you have ?
It's an M8S+ which I've had a few years now so it's far from the latest thing.
It's running Android 5
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Thanks to the Stream team.good first effort.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Good win in the end.
Wasn't expecting it to be easy with our first competitive game being against a team already a few games into their season

Well done to SFC both on and off the pitch today.
Last edited by Ralphy Rylance on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:06 pm
SteH90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm

m

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
I won’t!
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:00 pm Much better second half, missed the first goal for parenting reasons, but the second was really well taken.

Liam didn’t miss it and enjoyed it ‘for parenting reasons’!
BackoftheNet

Post by BackoftheNet »

BackoftheNet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 pm Well to James and the team for live stream. Under the circumstances very good indeed. Now looking forward to Tuesday against Hereford. A hard fought win today we had to dig in and battle. Much better in second half, controlled the game and saw out the victory. Weather absolutely atrocious. Onward and upward.. When is the draw for the next round of the cup.
Monday at 1pm according to Alan on the stream.
Thanks for the info.
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

Good win and welcome prize money after a poor first half, Morpeth looked the more organised side first 45, decent team.
Two quality moves for our goals and a superb header from George for the winner, nice for Niall too, first of many we hope.
On my old Mac laptop the stream was flawless bar loss of audio for last 20, Rob and Alan a very good commentary duo, hats off to everyone, a high quality first run.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

SteH90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:39 pm
SteH90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm m

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
I won’t!
Can we start a Portchat beef? It's all been a bit too bloody nice since it came back.
Jonny Smith

Post by Jonny Smith »

Unfortunately could not follow it today.

Fantastic work from all at Southport FC. So proud of the club and some sterling work throughout the whole period of Covid.

Good win today from Liam and the boys

An exciting season ahead
george

Post by george »

streaming thing,worked well on my phone,enjoyed the game,if it wasn't for tony mac we would have lost.
will be streaming again,well worth a tenner,and lets get used to it,cos the powers at be,aint going to let us in for at least 6months.
up the port!!
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:01 pm
SteH90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:39 pm

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
I won’t!
Can we start a Portchat beef? It's all been a bit too bloody nice since it came back.
I'll give you beef Hotdogs.

HOW'D YOU LIKE THEM ONIONS?