Southport V Hereford - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
yellowrebel

Re: Southport V Hereford - Match Thread

Post by yellowrebel »

Need to be a bit more imaginative on corners, so many opportunities wasted. Midfield played well in possession but the defence need to link in with them more rather than lumping it up for a half chance.
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

I can’t remember the last time we took a decent corner
Storming1937

Post by Storming1937 »

is that right 7k viewed on u tube
Wrea Green Gold

Post by Wrea Green Gold »

I see some Hereford fans on their forum aren't very happy with the streaming service they got last night and have emailed the club asking for a refund whereupon they have been asked to provide proof about the quality of the service, I had some buffering issues early on but the last 30 minutes of the first half where fine. One fan on there read what was posted earlier and said he was now going to ask for a refund, I wonder what proof he has? I thought it was good of the media team to switch over to Youtube and noted at the end that there were over 2k (devices) watching.
However, the pages in the thread before the game started were most derogatory about the area, the away end, the catering the people & the commentary team and especially the price of the streaming service - so unlucky.

As for the game,this was a different team from Saturday so still finding their feet and Liam always says to judge after 10 games. Hereford came to spoil with 5 in the middle and stopped Doyle & Challoner from getting up the field as much and by leaving Jones up front on his own had to shoot from distance which Dan dealt with well.
We are very much a work-in-progress but with better players than we have had for a few seasons.

COYY
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Wrea Green Gold wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 pm I see some Hereford fans on their forum aren't very happy with the streaming service they got last night and have emailed the club asking for a refund whereupon they have been asked to provide proof about the quality of the service, I had some buffering issues early on but the last 30 minutes of the first half where fine. One fan on there read what was posted earlier and said he was now going to ask for a refund, I wonder what proof he has? I thought it was good of the media team to switch over to Youtube and noted at the end that there were over 2k (devices) watching.
However, the pages in the thread before the game started were most derogatory about the area, the away end, the catering the people & the commentary team and especially the price of the streaming service - so unlucky.

As for the game,this was a different team from Saturday so still finding their feet and Liam always says to judge after 10 games. Hereford came to spoil with 5 in the middle and stopped Doyle & Challoner from getting up the field as much and by leaving Jones up front on his own had to shoot from distance which Dan dealt with well.
We are very much a work-in-progress but with better players than we have had for a few seasons.

COYY
Give them a free code to watch our next home game. Seems fair to me. :D
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 am I think Steve Burr is the Assistant at Hereford & will know Watsons tactics well, he packed midfield which stifled our only play maker Morgan, when we brought Vassallo on it was better. The talk of bright attacking football is refreshing but we reverted to type last night of too much long ball, Hereford out thought us but they had Andrai Jones playing Centre Forward so they must be struggling for player depth. Fair result overall.
Bear in mind Andrai Jones was a trialist pre-season, so will have known formation and tactics...
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Wrea Green Gold wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 pm I see some Hereford fans on their forum aren't very happy with the streaming service they got last night and have emailed the club asking for a refund whereupon they have been asked to provide proof about the quality of the service, I had some buffering issues early on but the last 30 minutes of the first half where fine. One fan on there read what was posted earlier and said he was now going to ask for a refund, I wonder what proof he has? I thought it was good of the media team to switch over to Youtube and noted at the end that there were over 2k (devices) watching.

COYY
Their fans comments on pages in thread you mention sound like a load of bull......