Kettering v Southport

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi

Kettering v Southport

Post by Paulisi »

http://www.ketteringtownfc.com/news/update-southport

£10 to watch, but link not available yet. It sounds like they have a similar system to us and similar issues.

I'm hoping the front 3 will be Niall(left), George(middle) and Marcus (right)
Rest should be as of Saturday.

Need to get the full backs forward.
Alan Spences Pupil

Re: Kettering v Southport

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Yes Samson looked a Passenger for most of the first 2 games, also an extra Midfielder would be beneficial, Vassallo, for one of the Centre Backs...
yellosoul

Post by yellosoul »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:53 pm Yes Samson looked a Passenger for most of the first 2 games, also an extra Midfielder would be beneficial, Vassallo, for one of the Centre Backs...
Samson didn’t play in the first game!
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

I suspect he’ll start with a back five including Anson and jack Doyle, bainbridge, Benjamin and Morgan and Jack and Marcus up front. I think it’ll be an industrial game so he will use George and Niall to either chase the game ( hopefully not) or try and win it. If we get a point and beat South Shields that’s a sound start for me , Just Really don’t Want us to lose tomorrow .
Prediction 1-1
Route66

Post by Route66 »

I don't understand why you would leave your two top scorers on the bench and then bring them on to win the game or save the game? Get in front and then you can use your subs to make sure that you win surely!
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Route66 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:15 pm I don't understand why you would leave your two top scorers on the bench and then bring them on to win the game or save the game? Get in front and then you can use your subs to make sure that you win surely!
I get what you’re saying, And you’re right to some extent but they’re both very lightweight though , I think we have to be patient with Niall , he’s young keen and learning and we have a small squad so he will have an eye on Tuesday - revenue earner- for me Tuesday is more important , hence I’d be happy with a draw and no injuries
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

2-1 Port
Carver and Newell
Att: 0
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

yellosoul wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:55 pm
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:53 pm Yes Samson looked a Passenger for most of the first 2 games, also an extra Midfielder would be beneficial, Vassallo, for one of the Centre Backs...
Samson didn’t play in the first game!
Yes you are right was on the No 49 Bus coming from Crossens at the time..... :oops:
Sgreen1234

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:36 pm http://www.ketteringtownfc.com/news/update-southport

£10 to watch, but link not available yet. It sounds like they have a similar system to us and similar issues.

I'm hoping the front 3 will be Niall(left), George(middle) and Marcus (right)
Rest should be as of Saturday.

Need to get the full backs forward.

It is available, you just need to click on the 'L' of 'Link' Took me a while to work out too!! :roll:
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Postponed.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:43 am Postponed.
Kettering player(s) test positive.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Farce. Season is impossible.
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

This will happen a lot this season.
We could end up with exactly the same scenario as last year, season finishing early because of backlog of matches. :cry:
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Bradford PA in self isolation.
Boston - 1 positive and two in self isolation, but match to be played
YTT

Post by YTT »

Boston game now off after 3rd player showing symptoms
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

If they’re still in the cup and the can’t play this week then they’ll all get binned off by the FA and forfeit their games . South Shields at Bamber Bridge today thus far and we get a rest day so can focus on Tuesday, assuming we don’t get players who test positive In between times ; it’s certainly uncertain :shock:
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Going to be like having an entire league of Leek Town's!
siddle

Post by siddle »

There's an argument that given the high number of games that will be postponed because of Covid, postponements should just be registered as 0-0 draws with the rearranged fixture scrapped.
David_1276

Post by David_1276 »

For anyone after watching some VNN content this afternoon, the Chorley vs Gloucester stream is available for free on Chorley's YouTube channel. Should be worth a look, next weekend's opponents vs one of my favourites to be up near the top come the end of the season. They also have a GoFundMe page for donations of admission etc..
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

Watched Chorley 1 Gloucester 2 and enjoyed it. Gloucester were the better team for all but the first 15 minutes of the second half when Chorley equalised. Gloucester played a similar formation to ours with 3 centre halves, wing backs pushing on & 3 up front which perhaps bodes well for next Saturday. The Gloucester winner was an excellent free kick by Gunning who looked class all match. Chorleys equaliser was by Elliott Newby who was their best player on the day.