Southport v Chorley

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Sgreen1234

Southport v Chorley

Post by Sgreen1234 »

So our 4th competitive match - so should be getting up to speed now. Chorley have lost both their league games but won their cup games against strong opposition.

Hanford
Challoner Oliver Bainbridge Ali Doyle
Morgan Benjamin
Vasallo
Newell Carver

Subs
Woods
Sampson
Anson
Watson
Newell

Southport 2 v 1 Chorley
Carver 11
Morgan 55

Att 27
Kenickie

Re: Southport v Chorley

Post by Kenickie »

I'm expecting a tough game today. Chorley will have a point to prove after losing their first games and they clearly have the ability to win having dispatched York in the cup.

Hopefully we start strong, as with the South Shields match, but convert a couple of chances. If we can apply early pressure and take a good lead I suspect they will falter.

I too would like to see Vassallo given a start, I've liked the look of him in the shorter stints he's played.

Port 3 - 1 Chorley
YTT

Post by YTT »

I’d like to see us play 4-3-3 today as I think Chorley are vulnerable wide defensively.

Hanford
Challoner Oliver Bainbridge Doyle
Morgan Benjamin Vasallo
Woods Carver Watson

Subs
Ali
Sampson
Anson
T Mac
Newell

Port 2-0 - f
Route66

Post by Route66 »

Agree with YTT that we need to use the flanks and strengthen midfield with Vassalo.
Hoping for our first league win. 3-1
loyal jay

Post by loyal jay »

Although Chorley have lost their opening 2 games in the league, their loses have come against teams challenging for the title, one of which they subsequently beat days later.

All about how we line-up for me, we need to be a bit more canny in our build up play, lumping forward won't cut it.

Fear more of the same.

Southport 1 - 2 Chorley
Ex Bankser

Post by Ex Bankser »

1-1
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

loyal jay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 pm Although Chorley have lost their opening 2 games in the league, their loses have come against teams challenging for the title, one of which they subsequently beat days later.

All about how we line-up for me, we need to be a bit more canny in our build up play, lumping forward won't cut it.

Fear more of the same.

Southport 1 - 2 Chorley
I agree if Samson doesn't play it dissuades us a bit from such a tactic, hopefully sneak it 1 - 0
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

YTT wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm I’d like to see us play 4-3-3 today as I think Chorley are vulnerable wide defensively.

Hanford
Challoner Oliver Bainbridge Doyle
Morgan Benjamin Vasallo
Woods Carver Watson

Subs
Ali
Sampson
Anson
T Mac
Newell

Port 2-0 - f
I like the look of that starting eleven. Trouble is, he never plays a team thats been predicted on here!
Gloucester

Post by Gloucester »

1-1
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:18 pm
loyal jay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 pm Although Chorley have lost their opening 2 games in the league, their loses have come against teams challenging for the title, one of which they subsequently beat days later.

Fear more of the same.

Southport 1 - 2 Chorley
I agree if Samson doesn't play it dissuades us a bit from such a tactic, hopefully sneak it 1 - 0
;) :lol: Samson M of the M