FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
pault

Re: FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by pault »

I tried a laptop, a tablet and a Kindle. I got 20 seconds of picture and sound then 20 seconds of buffering. Although I saw Morpeth's goal I didn't see either of ours. Hoping for better on Tuesday.
Route66

Post by Route66 »

I enjoy reading Mike Hunt's reports on the game. I am sure that I am not on my own!
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

pault wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:13 pm I tried a laptop, a tablet and a Kindle. I got 20 seconds of picture and sound then 20 seconds of buffering. Although I saw Morpeth's goal I didn't see either of ours. Hoping for better on Tuesday.
Highlights now on YouTube.
old gold and black

Post by old gold and black »

RF your lucky to have a teenage niece handy, my grandkids are 10,000 miles away in Oz but after initial problems of the buffering ring and some fiffing and faffing with technology I know nothing about I downloaded Java and got a very good reception on my PC. "Happy Days" roll on Tuesday and Ralphy I think Rob must have seen my comments on here because my programme turned up after the match. #Up the Port.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

old gold and black wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:32 pm RF your lucky to have a teenage niece handy, my grandkids are 10,000 miles away in Oz but after initial problems of the buffering ring and some fiffing and faffing with technology I know nothing about I downloaded Java and got a very good reception on my PC. "Happy Days" roll on Tuesday and Ralphy I think Rob must have seen my comments on here because my programme turned up after the match. #Up the Port.
NOT RF, not me but ‘Redrobe’
Swedes

Post by Swedes »

I looked into getting the stream up through a PS4, but Flash Player isn't supported by the browser on there. I ended up using a 9 year old laptop running on Windows 7 and had no problems whatsoever. What happens when Adobe stop providing support for Flash Player at the end of this year and the knock on effect on the streaming service the club are using I don't know.
sandgrounder 1965

Post by sandgrounder 1965 »

Could some kind person please put a link on for You Tube thanks.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

sandgrounder 1965 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:59 pm Could some kind person please put a link on for You Tube thanks.
This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPJyknsVUtA

This is what you put in Google to get it: southport vs morpeth youtube
sandgrounder 1965

Post by sandgrounder 1965 »

Thanks Excile.
cobby7

Post by cobby7 »

I don’t know how I did it but using a 3 year old large screen HP laptop and going by SFCs website instructions I got connected and got great picture reception apart from a few worrying buffering circles The sound was very scratchy but commentators very good.
Thought the camera position was far better than from the popular side considering just one camera it was excellent.
The way the game went was typical Southport nail biting at the end.
Liked the fact we had attackers at the far post that’s where most goals are scored and we never used to have that.
Very enjoyable.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

cobby7 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:48 pm I don’t know how I did it but using a 3 year old large screen HP laptop and going by SFCs website instructions I got connected and got great picture reception apart from a few worrying buffering circles The sound was very scratchy but commentators very good.
Thought the camera position was far better than from the popular side considering just one camera it was excellent.
The way the game went was typical Southport nail biting at the end.
Liked the fact we had attackers at the far post that’s where most goals are scored and we never used to have that.
Very enjoyable.
Well done, you sound like you have got the job as the go to person on live screening days with your advanced techno skills 👍😄
SfcFPA

Post by SfcFPA »

Swedes wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:40 pm I looked into getting the stream up through a PS4, but Flash Player isn't supported by the browser on there. I ended up using a 9 year old laptop running on Windows 7 and had no problems whatsoever. What happens when Adobe stop providing support for Flash Player at the end of this year and the knock on effect on the streaming service the club are using I don't know.
According to the website of the streaming provider the player uses HTML5 with a flash backup for older devices. 🤷‍♂️
cobby7

Post by cobby7 »

The player put the great cross in for them was Liam Nolan who played over 80 games for us a few years ago.
He was and is a good player.
Churchtown Yellow

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

That was Liam Noble (not Nolan), ex-FGR and Hartlepool. Cracking player for that level though.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thought it was Liam Noble? Liam Nolan was a cracking player for us though, I think he signed for Macclesfield before their demise so is presumably a free agent now.

I take back anything I might have said about our defending having watched the Premier League games today.
Exiled Port Fan

Club statement that since the match a Morpeth player has tested positive for Covid-19.
Bobby Gough's Sock

Post by Bobby Gough's Sock »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:44 pm Club statement that since the match a Morpeth player has tested positive for Covid-19.
The next few Morpeth games have been postponed due to the Covid isolation rules.
I wonder if this will also impact our upcoming matches?
Exiled Port Fan

Bobby Gough's Sock wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:50 pm
Exiled Port Fan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:44 pm Club statement that since the match a Morpeth player has tested positive for Covid-19.
The next few Morpeth games have been postponed due to the Covid isolation rules.
As both sides only come into contact on the pitch, it is ok until one of our players tests positive. I presume we'll be extra paranoid with our players.
Bobby Gough's Sock

Post by Bobby Gough's Sock »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Bobby Gough's Sock wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:50 pm
As both sides only come into contact on the pitch, it is ok until one of our players tests positive. I presume we'll be extra paranoid with our players.
I have just seen the club statement which confirms this. Good news.
Best wishes to the Morpeth player and his team mates too.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I thought this would be one of the dangers of starting the season. At Nonleague level we just can’t keep players in a cocoon. So games could potentially be postponed all over the place as individuals inevitably pick up the virus. Fingers crossed the season doesn’t descend into farce!
BTW best of luck to the player concerned. Fortunately fit young footballers are unlikely to suffer too badly.