Floodlight Ram

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ralphy Rylance

Floodlight Ram

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

The club is appealing for donations to buy a floodlight ram to assist with maintenance of the floodlights.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/floodlight-r ... hare-sheet
kiaken

Re: Floodlight Ram

Post by kiaken »

Sounds like good idea. Better than hiring one.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Shame this wasn't included in the grant when the floodlights were initially purchased, at least this is righting that wrong and is at near enough 10% in the first few hours.

Wonder if there is scope for it to be rented out to recoup some of its costs?
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Its now at 20% and I hope that it will go all the way, but I do wonder how many fans will be willing to help with such a mundane item - and how many will actually know about it.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Some fantastic contributions from 55 or so fans.

Almost 40% of target now, but donations have slowed off, with only one payment in the last 24 hours.

Maybe the link from the Official Site should be highlighted. It’s easy to miss at present, unless you know what you’re looking for.

It’s pinned at the start of the Twitter pages and you can’t miss it there.
loyal jay

Post by loyal jay »

Yes, they have slowed. Perhaps some are waiting on pay day before they contribute?
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

It's over 2k now - were TIY approached?
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 pm It's over 2k now - were TIY approached?
I can’t imagine so, as TIY are presumably committed to funding the new pod, which isn’t cheap by any stretch. Both are worthy and good causes helping to improve the infra structure of the club. It would be nice to get to £3k if not the £5k then at least the club only has to find the equivalent of a one off rental £2k to make up the difference. Incremental progress on and off the pitch is the way we are hopefully moving.
Port on the Kent

Post by Port on the Kent »

Alright then... I am prepared to be shot down here and I'll take all comers, but I don't think essential grounds maintenance equipment is appropriate for fundraising either through donations or via TIY. This type of purchase sits squarely with those who are custodians of the club and therefore the ground. I think supporters should be called on for projects that improve the matchday experience.

I have sympathy for Ian and co because it seems they have been stung by a 'Clapham Special' - purchasing the cheapest of the cheap pylons with no forward thought is textbook, but nontheless, this type of outlay is to be expected when you own a football club.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 pm It's over 2k now - were TIY approached?
I see TIY have made an online donation.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Port on the Kent wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:39 pm Alright then... I am prepared to be shot down here and I'll take all comers, but I don't think essential grounds maintenance equipment is appropriate for fundraising either through donations or via TIY. This type of purchase sits squarely with those who are custodians of the club and therefore the ground. I think supporters should be called on for projects that improve the matchday experience.

I have sympathy for Ian and co because it seems they have been stung by a 'Clapham Special' - purchasing the cheapest of the cheap pylons with no forward thought is textbook, but nontheless, this type of outlay is to be expected when you own a football club.
I totally agree in principle, but in practice they need all the support that they can get. The less they spend on this or on hiring one, the more there is for other stuff and after all a lot has been spent and is being spent on improving the ground.

I do think that they need to give this appeal more highlighted coverage - eg on the official site -if they are going to have any chance of reaching the target.
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Any update on what this figure is now? Over £3k?
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

£2,635
YellowNomad

Post by YellowNomad »

£3035
Wrea Green Gold

Post by Wrea Green Gold »

I have a membership and so, will get the streaming service free but will for league games buy a game pass, as a lot of other members will do I suspect.

However, for the FA Cup games where receipts will be shared , I will be donating to the Floodlight Ram Appeal,
While not wanting to be uncharitable to Morpeth Town, i feel charity does begin at home and SFC does need to maximise all revenue streams.

I have just donated and the current figure so far raised is £3,162,

COYY
BinghamBoy

Post by BinghamBoy »

I see that some kind soul has anonymously donated the balance of £1,200 required and the appeal has now reached it’s target of £5,000!! Well done to everybody who has donated - a great effort.
Storming1937

Post by Storming1937 »

Yes a big well done especially to the last donor, it wasn't me, but I donate 100.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Amazing gesture whoever have done it. I did think it was George Bromilow's great grandson but it doesn't match.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/662749457708993/

He has however raised over a £1000 which is amazing.
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Well done all who donated and special mention to person who donated the sum of £1.200.
Pops

Post by Pops »

George Bromilow’s great grandsons now raised over £1500 ( my grandsons ) 💛🖤