Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Re: Will YOU Be Returning?

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Cheers..hadn’t seen that...will watch.
Mart42

Post by Mart42 »

I will also be returning. I have been really impressed with how the club have handled the pandemic and it seems they have a real grip on the situation

Season tickets will be purchased as soon as the fixtures are Released
Does anyone have an idea of when they will be btw?
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

Absolute nonsense
pault

Post by pault »

Formula Port wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:56 am Absolute nonsense
Would you care to clarify?
Yellow River

Post by Yellow River »

Is it not possible to stream some or all fixtures? I'd happily subscribe to a streaming service. There are many exiles, like me, whose opportunities to watch games could be severely curtailed if limitations are imposed.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I agree, streaming would be great.
Seeing the story in NLP today it does appear that the government, making it up as they go along as usual, want to set crowds as a ratio of the division’s minimum requirement, rather than the individual ground’s capacity. This could work in favour of smaller clubs I guess, but I’m sure it will have to be modified as a gate of 750, say will mean vast empty spaces at some clubs but fairly tightly packed at others.
What is NLN’s minimum capacity anyway?
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm
Port on the Kent

Post by Port on the Kent »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm I agree, streaming would be great.
Seeing the story in NLP today it does appear that the government, making it up as they go along as usual, want to set crowds as a ratio of the division’s minimum requirement, rather than the individual ground’s capacity. This could work in favour of smaller clubs I guess, but I’m sure it will have to be modified as a gate of 750, say will mean vast empty spaces at some clubs but fairly tightly packed at others.
It is a travesty that non-league clubs have to turn paying supporters away. There have been years, decades even, of initiatives on a club-by-club basis or nationally with schemes such as 'non-league day' to really ram home the importance of supporting local teams and getting people through the turnstiles by any means necessary - only to now refuse entry.

I feel for the likes of Barrow who would be anticipating 3,000+ on their return to the EFL to now planning for a fraction of that. Chester are in trouble as their stadium is very tight and nearly all seated, they are only allowing last season's season ticket holders to renew and are not allowing anyone else to purchase one.

James spoke about the summer kids tournament and how "we have won" if only a few of the attendees decide to turn up to a first team fixture. Well at the moment there is every chance that even if some poor mite is that way inclined they will be unable to. The same is true at hundreds of clubs the length and breadth of the country. Very sad.

On the grand scheme of things, the effects of the Covid-19 restrictions on lower league football is a microscopic issue - but it is hard on advocates of the game. I wonder if we are in for years of depressed numbers even post Covid, and how many years of hard work are being undone.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Yes, that’s what I fear. Some will get out of the habit while others, particularly older supporters, will have been permanently spooked about crowds. This virus will eventually die down but it will never be eradicated. The magic vaccine is a fantasy.
Stratford Excile

Post by Stratford Excile »

What has happened to Mike Hunt-will he be returning?
Sand74

Post by Sand74 »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm I agree, streaming would be great.
Yes, interesting that AFC Bury have been given a lower maximum capacity than Radcliffe Boro. Even though they will both be playing at the same ground!
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

I shall be buying a season ticket.
The admission palaver - surely Haig Ave could hold 1,000 people with comfortable social distancing?
Not expecting anything remotely coherent or grassroots friendly from the weirdos of Westminster or the so-called football authorities.
Putting ceilings on attendances at step 6 and below is absurd, how do they think clubs are going to survive?
When the Sky League kicks off again, they'll be shoehorning the extras in asap, seen talk about October for return of small numbers of fans.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Stratford Excile wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 pm What has happened to Mike Hunt-will he be returning?
Maybe he got buried in the concrete for the Fanzone? I bet he is really frustrated at not extending his 2000 year streak without missing a game.
haigavel

Post by haigavel »

Sand74 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:33 am
Yes, interesting that AFC Bury have been given a lower maximum capacity than Radcliffe Boro. Even though they will both be playing at the same ground!
Think it is to allow for the fact that the Bury fans are Shakers.
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

For info. Warrington away tickets on sale on Warrington website. £6 / £3 concession with a £1 transaction charge...
OLD GOLD

Post by OLD GOLD »

Excited to get back.. fingers crossed , watched a bit of the team training few Thursdays back ...only training but looked like we have some real players ... Liam seemed quietly confident- so bring it on , I have a strange feeling that despite everything we may well have a good season .