Live Streams

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Exiled Port Fan

Live Streams

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

I thought the interview today (and last weeks) with James T were excellent. He comes across excellently and importantlt honestly; which at this time is very important in my mind.

Just one question, if they happen, will the Live Streams be available to buy for fans without season tickets/memberships?
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Re: Live Streams

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 pm I thought the interview today (and last weeks) with James T were excellent. He comes across excellently and importantlt honestly; which at this time is very important in my mind.

Just one question, if they happen, will the Live Streams be available to buy for fans without season tickets/memberships?
The two clubs should rename themselves Liverpoole and Newcastle uniter for the day and get millions of global fans paying a tenner to watch....
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 pm I thought the interview today (and last weeks) with James T were excellent. He comes across excellently and importantlt honestly; which at this time is very important in my mind.

I would imagine so. They won't generate any revenue otherwise.
Hat Trick Patrick

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

Could this be a blessing in disguise? I'm thinking here of our many exiled fans living round the country and round the world, who rarely have an opportunity to watch SFC's home games. If this goes ahead, it would enable them to watch live, all SFC's home games for the season, and consequently could generate more matchday income from them than we would otherwise receive in normal circumstances. Over to you exiles, how many of you would you be prepared to buy a match or season ticket in order to watch these games live?
PortDan1121

Post by PortDan1121 »

Hat Trick Patrick wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:12 am Could this be a blessing in disguise? I'm thinking here of our many exiled fans living round the country and round the world, who rarely have an opportunity to watch SFC's home games. If this goes ahead, it would enable them to watch live, all SFC's home games for the season, and consequently could generate more matchday income from them than we would otherwise receive in normal circumstances. Over to you exiles, how many of you would you be prepared to buy a match or season ticket in order to watch these games live?
This is a fair point. And even for the people that go to the Port home games and not the away games. Now they have an opportunity to pay and watch the match without leaving Southport and traveling hours to grounds. Personally, I would obviously prefer to be at Southport away games, ticking more new grounds off my list. But yes, this could be a blessing to gain more income from the streaming from those that not only cannot go to away games but also home games if the supporter lives in a different country, etc.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

I'd buy say a half-season streaming season ticket for sure if the club offered one (even if only home fixtures)
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Hat Trick Patrick wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:12 am Could this be a blessing in disguise? I'm thinking here of our many exiled fans living round the country and round the world, who rarely have an opportunity to watch SFC's home games. If this goes ahead, it would enable them to watch live, all SFC's home games for the season, and consequently could generate more matchday income from them than we would otherwise receive in normal circumstances. Over to you exiles, how many of you would you be prepared to buy a match or season ticket in order to watch these games live?
It's certainly an opportunity.

If the option to purchase a membership to stream all home games is available then I'll do it - though not if I'd have to pay it all upfront.
loyal jay

Post by loyal jay »

There was a editorial piece done on live streaming which looked at Colchester's financial plight under new guidelines. The games will be streamed by the home team only. I believe that the away side only get a percentage of the live stream sales once the away side had sold beyond an allocation, as a consequence, Colchester were bemoaning that they would receive no funds from away games whilst better supported teams such as Bolton, would benefit.

Perhaps pooling the live stream money, then dividing it equally amongst the division ( teams must use the same live stream service ) would be a fairer method?
port4ever

Post by port4ever »

Don't assume just because we are exiles that no effort is made to support the club. I live in Spain and have purchased a membership this season. This was done with the knowledge that I would see a couple of games at best. I have also purchased the PDF programme as an extra.

In the past I've bought a season ticket, again knowing I wouldn't see many games. Two seasons ago I sponsored Ryan astles. Plenty of us help out in the background.
Dicko's Gloves

Post by Dicko's Gloves »

Me, definitely. Season pass, weekly pass, it would be a game changer for the Melbourne branch of the Sandgrounders Downunder supporters club.
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

I take it no one has received their membership/season ticket cards yet?
How will we access streamed games as membership/season ticket holders. Some kind of code that is on the card, or something sent to us by email?
Will non members just have to press a link to pay for matches. I'm sure all will come clear but only a couple of days to Morpeth FA CUP match.
Great to see news on BBC this morning that National League clubs told they will receive emergency grant from government.
Phew so it appears are season will start with the streaming of league matches next week and hopefully Saturdaytoo if it's up and running. 👍
Andy McK

Post by Andy McK »

I would be happy to pay for streamed coverage of home games, either as a member or on a game by game basis. For people like me who just can't get to home games it would be well worth it.
puskas

Post by puskas »

One from the "Ideas Department"

Transmit the game against Morpeth free.

It being an FA Cup game on Saturday and such a short time to organise, not a lot of away supporters compared with say Hereford next Tuesday. Getting this up on your computer or whatever you use for the first time there are bound to be snags / problems, whether that be individually or group.

It might just attract people to have a look and see the quality before parting with money and may persuade any who haven't made their mind up to commit to the stream.

I can see a problem when it comes to a share of the gate money with Morpeth, so if there is none it avoids that problem.

Just an idea that might give time to iron out any possible problems before the Hereford game on Tuesday. To me nobody can moan if they are getting it for nothing.

I am sure that some out there can see some drawbacks that haven't been thought of here. Air your views ;)
David_1276

Post by David_1276 »

puskas wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:17 pm One from the "Ideas Department"

It being an FA Cup game on Saturday and such a short time to organise, not a lot of away supporters compared with say Hereford next Tuesday. Getting this up on your computer or whatever you use for the first time there are bound to be snags / problems, whether that be individually or group.

It might just attract people to have a look and see the quality before parting with money and may persuade any who haven't made their mind up to commit to the stream.

I can see a problem when it comes to a share of the gate money with Morpeth, so if there is none it avoids that problem.

Just an idea that might give time to iron out any possible problems before the Hereford game on Tuesday. To me nobody can moan if they are getting it for nothing.

I am sure that some out there can see some drawbacks that haven't been thought of here. Air your views ;)
I completely agree. As the game against Morpeth probably wouldn't attract the same level of support as a league game, it'd be a great opportunity to showcase our new service (presumably on YouTube?) And if people didn't have to pay, it would invariably attract people who maybe weren't as enamoured with the 'Port as ourselves (though not to the level of a league game I wouldn't think, especially when playing against a well supported team like Hereford), and hopefully hook them onto at least another couple of games this season.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

The club have stepped up and met every challenge so far since the crisis, so I’m optimistic, they’ll put something in place in time for Saturday and hopefully thereafter now we’ve got a commitment to funding . I suspect they’re doing their level best to showcase games to reward our loyal supporters and they do already have previous Operational knowledge using the Blackpool friendly as an example.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

puskas wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:17 pm One from the "Ideas Department"

The FA have confirmed any revenues from streaming in the cup would have to be split.
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Trial of stream now on official site.
Dicko's Gloves

Post by Dicko's Gloves »

Got my Ticket
Tony_r13

Post by Tony_r13 »

port4ever wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:25 am
Don't assume just because we are exiles that no effort is made to support the club. I live in Spain and have purchased a membership this season. This was done with the knowledge that I would see a couple of games at best. I have also purchased the PDF programme as an extra.

In the past I've bought a season ticket, again knowing I wouldn't see many games. Two seasons ago I sponsored Ryan astles. Plenty of us help out in the background.
I also have bought a membership and Programmes for the season knowing that I won't be able to attend any matches this season as I am living in New Zealand.

Paying for a monthly membership is a great idea for someone like me to make a small contribution from afar. The live streaming is an added bonus, even though kick off will be 3am Sunday morning here.
CanadianGold

Post by CanadianGold »

Membership and programme subscription bought and paid for here in Qatar.

Can't wait for the season to start. Looking forward to watching the Port on warm winter evenings with a cold one 🍺👍